Situated in Gillingham Dorset, Culvers Farm Fishery has been close to the hearts of many a local angler. Unfortunately due to fish thefts, ill health and then the sad passing of the owner Mr Pitman the fishery had to close.
We have been instructed by Mrs. Pitman to take on the fishery. After a few discussions it was realised the best way to take the fishery forward once again was to become a syndicate water.
Culvers is now a 2 lake syndicate, with a 1 acre pleasure lake and a 3 acre carp lake with carp averaging around 8 -24 pound, the top weight is unknown but thought to be around mid twenties.
Culvers was previously looking tired and needed restructuring, CM Fisheries are restoring the lake to it’s former glory and in addition bringing the following;
Swim improvement – new swims created and laid down to woodchipped areas.
There is a good head of fish in both lakes the pleasure lake is great fun for a day sesh and a place to take the kids, carp 1lb to 10lbs with a good head of silvers.
The main carp lake has a good stock of larger fish with the average being a low double. We have also stocked many fish up to 23lbs and we estimate that we now have a handful of fish over 20lb with them growing well. There is also a feeding program in place and expect to see new lake records this year!!
Improved security – CCTV, 7 bailiffs and 55 close syndicate members should do it!
It has not taken us long to get back to where this fishery once was, but we are also aiming to surpass its previous level – Watch this space!
Culvers Farm Syndicate fees
Season tickets run from March till March @ £150 per year, with a £10 joining fee – 50 Angler Limit. £125 per year if only wanting to fish the small pleasure lake only.
You are able to book in guests for a small fee of £10 per 12hrs £15 per 24 hrs
Please contact Tony via email to check availability.
In the event of the syndicate being full you will be placed on a waiting list.
A Walk around Culvers….
Culvers Farm Fishery Rules
- ONLY MICRO BARBED HOOKS OR BARBED WITH BARB CRUSHED DOWN TO BE USED WHEN FISHING FOR CARP – BARBLESS MAY BE USED WHEN TARGETING SILVER FISH.
- NO FIXED RIGS – RIG CHECKS WILL BE CARRIED OUT. IN THE EVENT OF A BREAK THE FISH MUST BE ABLE TO DROP THE LEAD – IF IN DOUBT PLEASE DON’T HESITATE TO ASK A BAILIFF.
- LEADCORE AND BRAIDED MAINLINES PERMITTED HOWEVER CARE MUST BE TAKEN TO PROTECT THE FISH – IE LONG RIG TUBE SECTION TO PROTECT THE FISH FROM THE BRAID.
- NO EXCESSIVE BAIT – 5KG /DAY/ANGLER- SUMMER AND 2.5KG NOV-FEB.
- LARGE NETS (42”) AND LARGE UNHOOKING MATTS ONLY WHEN FISHING THE CARP LAKE – USE NETS THAT HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO DRY COMPLETELY – THIS IS THE BEST FORM OF DISINFECTION.
- DO NOT LEAVE UNATTENDED RODS IN THE WATER. SWIM NEXT DOOR MAX DISTANCE, HAVE YOUR RODS WATCHED OR REEL IN, IF NEEDING THE TOILET.
- NO EXCESSIVE NOISE OR ALCOHOL.
- ALL CARP MUST BE RETURNED TO THE WATER IN GOOD TIME.
- 3 ROD MAX LIMIT WITH RELEVANT E.A. LICENCE.
- MIN 10LB LINE ON CARP LAKE – UNLESS FISHING FOR SILVERS.
- NO LITTER TO BE LEFT IN THE SWIM – EVEN IF IT IS NOT YOURS!
- PLEASE USE THE TOILET PROVIDED.
- DOGS TO BE TETHERED AND/OR UNDER CONTROL AND KEPT IN SWIM AREA, PLEASE TAKE YOUR DOG MESS HOME WITH YOU.
- BAIT BOATS PERMITED
- PLEASE CARRY CARP CLINIC OR SIMILAR FOR HOOK HOLDS AND OTHER SORES
- NO CARP TO BE RETAINED IN KEEP NETS.
- KEEP NETS MUST BE DRY (NO STINK BAGS) OR DISINFECTED BEFORE USE.
- GUEST TICKETS MUST BE PRE BOOKED BY CALLING A BAILIFF TO BOOK IN, PLEASE SEE BOOKING GUIDELINES– MAX OF TWO GUESTS PER DAY ON THE VENUE AT ANY ONE TIME.
- UNDER 12’S CAN FISH USING THE MEMBERS ALLOCATION OF RODS NO GUEST TICKET REQUIRED. They will have to fish from the same swim if other anglers are on the lake but in the event of the lake being empty then this can be extended to the swim next door.
- 12-16 YR OLDS EITHER MUST FISH ON A GUEST TICKET OR BUY A SYNDICATE HALF MEMBERSHIP.
- 16 YR OLD AND ABOVE IS THE FULL MEMBERSHIP PRICE.
- ALL MEMBERS MUST CARRY THEIR ID MEMBERSHIP PASSES WITH THEM WHILST ON THE FISHERY STRICTLY NO FISHING WITHOUT YOUR PASS. MEMBERS ARE REQUESTED TO CHECK OTHER ANGLERS FOR MEMBERSHIP.
- ANY RULES SEEN TO BE BROKEN OR PROBLEMS PLEASE INFORM A BAILIFF
- POACHERS TO BE REPORTED TO THE POLICE AND/OR BAILIFFS.